Book Date's Full House Challenge

One more thing I need to move from my old blog...

Over on her own blog - http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/ - Kathryn of "The Book Date" has a challenge called the "Full House Challenge". I've been participating the past two years. Since my old blog had my progress on this challenge, I'm re-posting it here.

*The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer (finished 1/4/15) - a top book of 2015 for you. (I know it's the first book I read in 2015, but I also know that this will end up being one of my top reads.)

*Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King (finished 1/9/15) - published in 2014. (First published June 2014.)

*Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kirstin Cronn-Mills (finished 1/12/15) - outstanding hero or heroine. (Not your typical "hero", but the main character of this story is a teenager who was born a girl but knows he's a boy and is transitioning. Tough situation to go through, and he handles it like a hero in my eyes.)

*We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (finished 1/16/15) - author new to me. (I have never read anything by E. Lockhart before this.)

*Rosewater by Maziar Bahari (finished 1/28/15) - type of book you rarely or never read. (While I read a fair amount of nonfiction, political books don't really interest me, and there was a lot of talk about politics in this one.)

*The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory (finished 2/2/15) - published 2000-2013. (Published in 2004.)

*The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey (finished 2/8/15) - library book. (Borrowed from my local library.)

*All the Bright Place by Jennifer Niven (finished 2/12/15) - you heard about the book online. (I saw this on a list of books to watch for in 2015.)

*The Magician King by Lev Grossman (finished 2/14/15) - 2nd book or more in a series. (Book #2 in "The Magicians" series.)

*My Drunk Kitchen by Hannah Hart (finished 2/15/15) - free choice. (This is just a fun book, so I'll count it for my freebie.)

*Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan (finished 2/19/15) - novella. (Okay, not really a novella, but it's a short book, at just about 200 pages, so I'm counting it, since I don't really read novellas.)

*The Jaguar's Children by John Vaillant (finished 2/24/15) - published in 2015. (First published January 27, 2015.)

*The Lost World by Michael Crichton (finished 3/5/15) - published pre-2000. (Published in 1995.)

*The Good Girl by Mary Kubica (finished 3/14/15) - debut novel by author. (This is Mary Kubica's debut novel.)

*The Damned by Andrew Pyper (finished 3/22/15) - book set in northern hemisphere. (Set in the U.S., mostly Cambridge, MA and Detroit, MI.)

*Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (finished 3/27/15) - a keeper. (One of the best books I've read this year. I would read this one again.)

*The Well of Lost Plots (Thursday Next #3) by Jasper Fforde (finished 3/31/15) - setting that you now want to visit. (Can I choose to visit the Book World? I would love to vacation in Sense and Sensibility or any of the other books traveled to here.)

*Annihilation (Southern Reach #1) by Jeff VanderMeer (finished 4/8/15) - first in a series. (The first book in the Southern Reach trilogy.)

*Broken Harbor (Dublin Murder Squad #4) by Tana French (finished 4/23/15) - author outside your own country. (Tana French is from Ireland, I am from the US.)

*Proof: The Science of Booze by Adam Rogers (finished 5/26/15) - you love the cover. (I'm a science nerd. I think the cover is kind of awesome.)

*My Real Children by Jo Walton (finished 6/11/15) - won or borrowed. (Borrowed this book from the library.)

*The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (finished 7/1/15) - book by author you really liked. (Neil Gaiman is my favorite author.)

*Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn (finished 7/3/15) - been on your TBR forever. (I've had this book on my TBR for at least five years, probably more.)

Only 2 more books to go to finish the square! Southern hemisphere might be a tough one for me, though... Need to research...